English version


The cursed soldiers "accursed soldiers" or "damned soldiers" is a name applied to a variety of Polish resistance movements formed in the later stages of World War II and afterwards. Created by some members of the Polish Secret State, these clandestine organizations continued their armed struggle against the Stalinist government of Poland well into the 1950s.



Cichociemni "the Silent-Dark Ones" or "The Unseen and Silent"were elite special-operations paratroops of the Polish Home Army of the Polish Army in exile, created in Great Britain during World War II to operate in occupied Poland


The Warsaw Uprising Museum, Grzybowska 79 St., tram 1, 20, 22, 24, 32 - tram stop MUZEUM POWSTANIA WARSZAWSKIEGO. Open MON, WED, FRI 08.00-18.00;  THU 08.00-20.00, SAT-SUN 10.00-18.00; THU 08.00-20.00. Adult ticket 14 zł, reduced 10 zł, Sun free entry. This is a monument to Poland's independence. Here you will find the answers to why the Uprising broke out. Why ordinary people decided to fight though their chances of victory were very low. Why they fought and died for a free Poland while the Russian army waited on the other banks of the river Vistula river from August 1944 to January 1945 and refused to help, watching the city being destroyed. This multimedia museum (in Polish and in English) will help you understand that this battle for freedom finally did succeed. Not in 1944 but in 1989. This museum is a monument to the sacrifice of those who gave their lives in the fight for freedom. The idea to create the museum was obviously not popular during communist period of Polish history. Even after 1989 when Poland became truly independent it took almost 14 years to create this museum-monument.It is a place of memory. Of times that must not be forgotten. It is suitable for families as special children section is created here as well.


The Little Insurgent Monument (Podwale St., 100 m beyond the Barbican at the city walls). This commemorates the scouts and the younger participants, the children, of the Uprising. Unveiled on the 1st October 1981, it was made by Jerzy Jarnuszkiewicz and donated by him to the Scouts of Warsaw.